Donate To This Campaign
Together we support and protect LGBTQ youth.
LGBTQ youth are 120% more likely to experience homelessness than their peers.
When LGBTQ youth come out of the closet, 1 in 4 face rejection from their family due to religious beliefs. Many run away or are thrown out of their homes, and rather than endure the homophobic violence that’s rampant in shelters, these young people take their chances on the street. And their chances aren’t good. Of the 1,700 homeless LGBTQ youth we serve, 90% have suffered at least one traumatic experience. Many develop substance use disorders or become depressed. Some are suicidal.
When LGBTQ youth feel supported and protected, their transformation is astounding.
- Their self-esteem dramatically improves.
- They feel proud, not ashamed, of their LGBTQ identity.
- They take better care of themselves and decrease high-risk behaviors.
- With their basic needs met, they can focus on more than just survival.
- Finally feeling worthy of a hopeful future, they begin working toward educational and employment goals.
At the Ali Forney Center, we believe all youth deserve to feel safe and loved.
This is where you come in! When you join AFC360 by giving monthly, you help provide 360 degrees of holistic care - a circle of support and protection for those who need it most.
"Together, we're all part of the solution."- Ali Forney